OpenGL 3D Game Tutorial Series #14 | SkyBox | Early Access
The source code of the 14th tutorial of the C++ OpenGL 3D Game Tutorial Series is now available in early access for the Patrons!
In this tutorial we will see how to add a SkyBox with OpenGL!
In particular in this tutorial we will see:
- how to create custom shaders and apply them to different entities (e.g. one specific type of shader for meshes, and other ones for skybox etc.),
- what is a skybox and how we can add it to the scene,
- how to create a shader to render correctly a SkyBox,
- how to apply an environment map texture over the surface of the skybox,
- how to reflect in a simple way the ambient lighting based on the skybox (the light blue color applied over the surface of the statue and the other meshes)
The source code has been commented/documented in order to give hints of what happens under the hood.
The code works on Windows, macOS and Linux!
Here is the link : https://www.patreon.com/posts/69785994
I hope you'll enjoy it!
Thank you for all your support!