OpenGL 3D Game Tutorial Series #13 | Lighting | Early Access
The source code of the 13th tutorial of the C++ OpenGL 3D Game Tutorial Series is now available in early access for the Patrons!
In this tutorial we will see how to enlighten the scene in OpenGL!
In particular in this tutorial we will see:
- how to design and implement the OLightEntity class, in order to add multiple directional lights inside the scene and handle their various data (like position, direction, color etc.)
- what is the Phong Reflection Model, and how to use its mathematical equation to compute the final lighting
- what is the Forward Rendering
- how to pass the data of the various lights to the shaders, in such a way to compute the final lighting and apply it over the surfaces of the various meshes
- how to animate the lighting by rotating the various lights
The source code has been commented/documented in order to give hints of what happens under the hood.
The code works on Windows, macOS and Linux!
Here is the link : https://www.patreon.com/posts/68448872
I hope you'll enjoy it!
Thank you for all your support!